Not everyone gets the chance to read their own death notice. I couldn't believe it when I began getting phone calls to see if I was dead. Haven't you seen it in the paper the callers said.
Next morning in the post was a letter from Suffolk Coastal District Council, addressed to Exors of S G Forsdike Dec'd, notifying them that the property nows falls into catagory F - which is property left empty by a deceased person. They might at least have had the decency to wait until I am dead. The man concerned had the initials G S Forsdike.
I phoned the Council to ask where they obtained their information; from the newspaper they said.
They now have five questions from my Exors to answer
Explain why they used information found in a newspaper as the basis on which to write our client.
Provide them with a copy on that information.
Explain what means you used to verify the information in the newspaper.
Apologise to Mr Forsdike.
Confirm that this will not happen to any of their other clients in the future
I wonder if they will have the decency to reply to those questions, we shall see!!!