I have a cucumber glass. Now not many people know what that is when I have shown them my mystery object. It would probably get thrown away if I am not around and it is worth quite a tidy sum of cash. I shall not be growing any more cucumbers so maybe someone else would like the pleasure of owning it. The lady who was giving me a valuation for some other items, took it to a colleague for him
to value, she came back without it and said his eyes lit up when he saw it. I hope my eyes light up when it goes into the auction. For the benefit of those who don't know what a cucumber glass looks like, here is a picture of one, the way to grow nice straight cucumbers.The other items that I was having valued also gave me a pleasent surprise, so there is cash in the attic after all.
I was in for yet another surprise on returning home. Going on to the internet to see if my premium bonds were coming up with a prize in this months draw, I could not believe my eyes, yes , there was a prize, not just one, not just two, but three. Never-the-less my good fortune was overshadowed by the fact that there were bills of £900 to pay this week and then you come back to earth with a bang.
I shall be scouring my unwanted possessions again. Will I go to the auction to see my cucumber glass sold? I hope so, that is part of the excitement, will it sell for what you think it is worth or will I come away disappointed ? Answer will be in the next instalment.